Welcome Aboard – Harmain Train
Initial launch period of 2 months will be discounted by 50%, so for example, Makkah to Madinah will be reduced from 150SR to 75SR. Tickets can be booked via the official Haramain High-Speed Railway website
The service has been designed with affordability in mind. Fares range from 40SR to 150SR within Economy class. Trains between Makkah and Madinah are 150SR, between Jeddah and Madinah are 125SR and between Jeddah and Makkah are 40SR. These fares are one way, exclusive of VAT and for the initial launch period of 2 months will be discounted by 50%, so for example, Makkah to Madinah will be reduced from 150SR to 75SR. Tickets can be booked via the official Haramain High-Speed Railway website (www.hhr.sa), the official iOS and Android apps, via kiosks at the train stations and through their telephone service. To make reservations you will need a copy of your passport or iqama, for both online and in person at the train stations. For group reservations, such as for Hajj or Umrah groups, reservations must be made a month in advance and passport copies will be required.
Currently, services from Makkah to Madinah or Madinah to Makkah, both via Jeddah, run four times each operating day (Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun). From Makkah, the service departs at 0800, 1000, 1230 and 1700 and services from Madinah depart at 0800, 1230, 1430 and 1700. Between Makkah and Madinah the journey times are 3 hours and 5 mins (approx. 450km), between Makkah and Jeddah it is 43 mins (approx. 78km) and between Jeddah and Madinah, it is 2 hours and 19 mins. Please also factor in the time it takes to and from the train station as well as security checks at the station.
Onboard passengers may take one piece of hand luggage and one additional piece limited to 25kg with size restrictions (L65cm x H55cm x W35cm). Food and beverages are not permitted on board the train. For full terms and conditions please view on the official website listed above.
Train Schedule MAKKAH to MADINA
Class of Seats
HHR provides to its passengers a choice to select between two classes:
Spacious and comfortable seats, newspapers, audio, and video entertainment complimented by coffee, dates, refreshments and light snacks in luxurious lounges.
Affordable class with comfortable seats with all basic amenities
Fares and Terms
Special promotional fares:
|Route||Business Class||Economy Class|
|Makkah ↹ Jeddah||25||20|
|Makkah ↹ KAEC||55||40|
|Makkah ↹ Madinah||125||75|
|Jeddah ↹ KAEC||33||23|
|Jeddah ↹ Madinah||105||63|
|KAEC ↹ Madinah||75||50|
Note: Above ticket fares are for a promotional period only and excluding VAT and are for ONE-WAY only.
|Route||Business Class||Economy Class|
|Makkah ↹ Jeddah||50||40|
|Makkah ↹ KAEC||110||85|
|Makkah ↹ Madinah||250||150|
|Jeddah ↹ KAEC||65||50|
|Jeddah ↹ Madinah||210||125|
|KAEC ↹ Madinah||150||100|
Terms & conditions
- The prices and conditions of the HHR tickets will be published in advance for the knowledge of the customers. HHR reserves the right to modify them at any time without prior notice.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring they hold a valid ticket applicable for their entire journey for the day, time, train, route and class mentioned in the ticket, before boarding the train.
- Passengers must ensure that all their details on the ticket are correct.
- Customers must bring the valid ticket to travel and a personal identification document when traveling which will be presented at the request of the HHR staff.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult and shall always travel with a valid ticket.
- For children under 2 years of age, they hold a valid ticket without seat assigned as they shall always travel with an adult and shall occupy the same seat as the adult.
- In the interest of customer safety, children must be supervised at all times.
- All tickets are non-transferable, and can only be used by the named person on the ticket.
- The ticket offices will close 10 minutes before the stated departure time.
- The boarding gates will close with the following time before the stated departure time:
- Customers must sit in the coach and seat number allocated to them on their ticket through their entire journey.
- Changes and cancellations conditions will be subject to the corresponding fare and detailed information about conditions will be at customer disposal.
- Customers are entitled to ask for a full ticket refund if the trip was cancelled by HHR and other options are refused.
- HHR is not responsible for passenger compensation due to the late arrival of services due to circumstances outside of its control.
- The miss or abandonment of the train at the departure station or during the trip, will invalidate the ticket and the passenger will not have right to any refund.
- Tickets can be REFUNDED or UPDATED from “Manage Tickets” feature on the website and app, as per the below rules.
- Upto 24 hours prior to the trip departure, a 10% of the ticket price shall be deducted.
- Less than 24 hours and 5 minutes before the train departure, 20% of the ticket price shall be deducted
- No refunds/updates are allowed before 5 minutes and after train departur
- Gregorian’s dates are the official dates that will be used on all tickets.
- Baggage will not be permitted on board HHR trains without a travelling customer.
- Any passenger provided with a ticket may carry with him, under his custody and responsibility, in the places designated for that purpose, one piece of hand baggage and one piece limited to 25 Kg not exceeding 65 x 55 x 35 cm. (length-height-width).
- Lost, forgotten or abandoned property and all those items of unknown origin which are found on-board the trains or at any railway facility, will be kept for a maximum period of 2 months.
- It is strictly prohibited to smoke in all station facilities and inside the train coaches. Failure to comply can lead to penalties.
- No customer will be allowed to enter the stations controlled area for boarding the trains without security checking.
- Customer’s dress code on board HHR trains must be in accordance with the traditions of KSA.
- All passengers bound for Makkah must have authorized access to the Haram area.
- Food and beverages are not permitted to be brought on-board.
- The transportation of animals is not permitted.
- Passengers will not be authorized to:
Apologies, no results were found for the requested archive.